BLRW- splash?, & 2 more

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by prncssprplfrog, May 21, 2010.

1. prncssprplfrog

prncssprplfrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Schuyler Lake
    I have three BLRW that hatched out 5 weeks ago. I'm hoping that at least one of them is a hen.....
    Here are pics. BTW- I have no idea what the dark one is. It was in the BLRW hatch, but what is the coloring?

Splash?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hen or roo?
    The one on the left
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark one:
    [​IMG]
    I can't get her to stay still long enough for a good pic. I'll have to have my son hold them when we get home tomorrow....

2. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    I feel sure the first one is a pullet

3. DKPoultry

DKPoultry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    OOOOO Preeety! I just got some silver laced wyandottes a bit ago... but the pullet fairy had frowned on me and I ended up with one pullet and the rest cockerels. Eh well... at about 6-7 weeks I found it quite obvious which were which... here is a pic of my boy Hubert and my girl Percephone at 6 weeks (give or take). In reference to your dark one, looks like maybe a red laced? Just didn't get the blue trim your others got?

Hubert

[​IMG]

Percephone

[​IMG]

4. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    first one is a splash pullet, second one (on the left in the pic) is a roo (splash or blue), and the dark one is a "black" blue laced red, photo not good enough to determine gender, at that age ones with bigger wattles (as the one in the second photo) are boys.

ETA: this is a great website about the BLRW, and the 3 color variations [​IMG]

http://www.bluelacedred.com/blrindex.html

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  5. prncssprplfrog

prncssprplfrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Schuyler Lake
    Here's a better picture of chick #3.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking pullet. I was hoping that at least one or two of these would be hens so that I can keep them. I was SO sad. Out of the 12 that I had shipped, 4 hatched. The one that had the most potential as a great blue lace died from a resp infection ( I think). I had a feeling that one was a hen too.
    [​IMG]

Here's a better picture of #2:
    I think she's a he too:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And #1:
    [​IMG]
    They're not going to be bred, so color and such doesn't really matter to me other than I like pretty birds & I wouldn't mind a few more regular size eggs.

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Idaho
    All but #2 look like girls! I have a splash and A black blue laced red ... she carries the blue gene but looks like a Golden laced wyandotte!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by