BLRW with huge crop

scgamecock

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Conway SC
I tried giving her mineral oil last night and she took it like a good girl.This morning she is still walking around in the chicken yard but I don't know if it helped any.I will find out when I get home from work.Anybody got any other idea's other than surgery?She's a really sweet girl and I hate to lose her.

Take away food for a little while. She probably ate to much and her crop is packed. This happens with my meat birds if i dont restrict feed. Good Luck, let us know what happens

Update. Tonight her crop was still hard as a baseball.I gave her some more mineral oil and massaged her crop for a couple of minutes and I felt it crumble in my hand.It feels soft and plyable now so I'm hoping she will empty it out overnight.She is a splash colored BLRW from McMurray and about 9 months old.I'll try to get a picture of her to post.

Sorry to hijack, but if I don't have Mineral Oil, can I use VetRx for the same problem?

Is there something else you can feed instead of Mineral Oil?

Thanks,
Matt

BLRW is doing ok.Her crop is still bigger than normal just not exactly like it should be but she seems to be holding up pretty well.I have to work during the day so I can't observe her but I'm gonna try this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom