Blu-kote for mites?

StepfordCuckoos

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
It has been a rough few months!! We've had more issues lately than in all of the time owning chickens. Our crossbeak EE has mites and DE has not been working. I went to TSC today and picked up 'Poultry Protector'. The lady suggested that I get 'Blu-Kote', which I did. I put it on her and I'm wondering if it will be enough to kill them. Does that work for mites (mites or lice, I'm not sure exactly. There are the little insect creature things and then also white nests [ 🤢 ])?

It has been a rough few months!! We've had more issues lately than in all of the time owning chickens. Our crossbeak EE has mites and DE has not been working. I went to TSC today and picked up 'Poultry Protector'. The lady suggested that I get 'Blu-Kote', which I did. I put it on her and I'm wondering if it will be enough to kill them. Does that work for mites (mites or lice, I'm not sure exactly. There are the little insect creature things and then also white nests [ 🤢 ])?
Get permethrin instead. Spray all the chickens, the coop, the roost, etc. repeat per the instructions. Blu-kote is an an anti-fungal and germicidal typically used on wounds. The blue color prevents chickens from pecking at the wounds causing further injury. Probably not effective for mites/lice. Poultry protector does not work in my experience, your results may vary.

Back
Top Bottom