Blu-kote

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LVVCHAP, Dec 13, 2008.

1. LVVCHAP

LVVCHAP Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    PA
    I have read from many about soemthing to use called Blu-kote. All I could find at the local feed mills was Wound-kote. Is this the same thing? When I sprayed it on my chickens it is blue.

2. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    That is probably the same thing. It's called a few different things depending on the company that makes it. There are also dauber bottles of it along with the spray like you have. Neither comes off your hands or anything else easily and I seem to always end up using it right before some event I should be dressed up for! I started putting baggies over my hands first, before buying some inexpensive rubber gloves to use when I used the blu-kote. Now only the chickens are polka dotted [​IMG].

3. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    My dog had a hot spot and i used the blu kote not realizing just how much sprayed out and how it got everywhere.Before you know he wagged his tail which is where the spot was and the blu kote went flying and I had it all over my hands.Then he started rubbing up against me and I had it on my clothes.Just remember a little goes along way.

4. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    lol,funny posts, it works real good but it does stain

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah... I had a polka dotted FACE after applied to a roo's neck and he shook his head.

6. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    lol,connect the dots

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by