1. lotsachicks

lotsachicks Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    S. Texas
    Ok all you chicken experts out there, is there some special trick for removing blu-kote stains from your hands?? After treating my roo, my fingers are now stained an unattractive purple![​IMG]
    Note to other newbies like myself, when using blu-kote always wear gloves!!!

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

ok, a bit late but blue-kote lesson #1.) Always wear gloves or have SO apply. [​IMG] I personally use part 2 a lot, wife looks good with blue fingers. [​IMG]

3. lotsachicks

lotsachicks Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    S. Texas
    aw hell...I'M THE SO...I think I have just been had!!!![​IMG]

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Alcohol will get some out, but once it's soaked into the skin good I don't know of anything that will get it all out but for it to wear off.

5. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    fingernail polish remover with acetone.

6. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I always use alcohol pads. Takes it right off.

I'd like to add here to please inform your nonchicken interested spouses that they shouldn't use Blu Kote on your other animals. Our silver and white husky was in a fight with our border collie and she got injured. Instead of using neosporin, my uninformed husband decided to grab the Blu Kote and spray it on the husky. Wellllllll. Its been 2 months now and Sasha is still sports a nice blue stripe of Blu Kote where my wonderful husband sprayed her! UGH!!

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Blu-Kote is good stuff but no matter how hard you try and no matter how much protection you use it always winds up on you! Pretty much just gotta expect having it on you skin if you are going to use it [​IMG]

8. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    My sweet Annie had an injury on her wing and when I sprayed her she flapped and of course I wound up with a purple polka dotted face for a couple of days.

This was a while ago and she still has some purple feathers. At least they're starting to fall out and she's not a half purple chicken anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by