Blue Ameraucana Chick

jzervas92

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 26, 2013
New York
Hi everyone, I already posted this before but I'm not sure if the pictures attached correctly I don't know how to delete a post. Anyways I have a blue ameraucana chick I was told it is a month old and is definitely a pullet. But I'm not so sure that what I was told is true, so I wanted some more opinions. What do you guys think is she a girl? Is the breed correct? She looks a little small to be a month old. All the pictures are of one chick.

Thank you for the link, and I got her from a farm down the road from me. The way she stands sometimes reminds me of a rooster, and I just wanted to see if there was any hope she is really a girl.

The chick is too young to sex, but I agree that the general impression right now is that it is a cockerel unfortunately. Ameraucana wise, the question is If the chick matches the rest of the standard when it grows up, even if it isn't show quality, blue is a recognized color at least.

Yeah I had a feeling I got stuck with a rooster. Well maybe if "she" turns out to be a he I can find someone in the 4h to use him. Thank you for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom