Blue Ameraucanas/Blue Orpingtons-I've Got the Blues! (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Sep 26, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I tried to take some photos today of the Ameraucanas in particular for someone who wants hatching eggs, but also decided to take some of the Suede-ettes as well. They are maturing nicely, I think, all of them. I just wish I could get a pic of Skye (young blue Orp) when she isn't running the other direction, LOL. She's camera shy. Here are Scout with his ladies and Suede with his ladies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    I love blue birds... especially Suede.. hes gorgeous..

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    SIGH! O so lovely!!!!! LONG SIGH! What a dreamboy, Suede, that is![​IMG] Scout looks so good with that beard of his! Look at that SHEEN on him!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Gorgeous! I may have to mix up those eggs! LOL

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Oh Cynthia..you're giving me the blues. I am drooling over those blue orpies. You know buff is by far my favorite, but those blues are just gorgeous. I'm thinking I've gotta have some. [​IMG] DH is going to strangle me one day.

Jody

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I may one day put a couple of Buff ladies in with Suede. I tried to get the Brahmas out, but they are in love with their man and refuse to lay eggs without him, LOL. They pace and run the fence and cry till I let them back in. And they've even spent the night with Hawkeye's group more than once, but that's been awhile. Hawkeye doesn't even look at them.
    Maybe one day we can trade Blues for Buffs, Jody!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Jody I feel for ya! you are not alone in wanting those blue Orps...hubby will write me and my chickens off his will LOL.

Cyn and Julie would have a very LONG list of wanting Blue Orps if they keep putting out pics of blue orps out there! [​IMG]

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am so very glad I am in line for those blue orps! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  9. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Cyn, Still as beautiful as ever!!!

10. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    Your birds are just amazing. I can't even believe how amazing they look.

I so want a couple of your blue orps some day.. And wouldn't say no to a couple of scouts babies too..

Course, if the dh sees me typing this he's going to yell at me for talking about more chickens.. [​IMG]

(DH stealing KB) NO darn it! GAH! We've gone from 24 eggs to 2 adults, 16 chicks and a fluffball, errr sorrry . .. "silkie" on the way, in LESS than a week. And yours truly still doesn't have the coops built. Naughty wifey, no chickey!

(Right, so from 24 to 19, we've dropped 5, what's your complaint love? [​IMG] And it's been way more than a week since this all started being planned, so I don't want to hear this "in just a week" nonsense.)

Errr.. sorry about that (we're sitting next to eachother, he heard me chuckling and had to get involved [​IMG]).. And speckledhen, he'll cave in the spring, we'll talk then. [​IMG]

hehe

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by