blue and black copper maran eggs - md

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by peachick, May 4, 2009.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I have a dozen dark brown eggs here ready for somone from my black copper pen and my blue copper pen. $50 total to [email protected]

I also have a lot of started pairs available for pick up.... in blue and black.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. madelynbelle

madelynbelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    PUGET SOUND
    Question. I have not heard of the blue copper only black copper marans and blue marans. Are the two blended together?

3. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I dont know how the blue copper variety was developed. But, they are beautiful birds... I prefer them over the blacks. The rooster in the photo is a blue

4. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Hey Peachick,

Just wanted to vouch for your eggs. When you sold to me they were "inconsistent egg color"...is how you put it.
    Well, my girls (cousins of Henry) have started laying and, girl, let me tell you..no, let me show you...
    They are FAR from inconsistent, now! Thank you so much. They are my best line of black & Blue copper marans ever! This is only their 3rd week laying.

[​IMG]

Don't let these eggs get away for $50 incl shipping! Post SOLD, now!

~4kidZ

5. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Awww Thank you so much for that. My pullets are laying now too.... I am also impressed with their egg color! However no one wanted this last batch of eggs so I tossed them out... that was hard to do :-(

6. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I would love some, but $50 is hard to come by right now. I hope you can find a buyer for these so you don't have to pitch them. [​IMG]

7. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe post a pic of your eggs. $50 incl ship should be considered a cheap investment for this rare breed. Especially yours as they meet the APA standard (the feather footed ones, anyway)

~4kidZ

8. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    ahh yes. well photos don't usually do them justice. They either are too dark, or faded out by the flash. And then if the eggs look too good the grumpy people accuse you of altering the photo. (I dealt with that with my blue eggs) [​IMG][​IMG]

Its OK.... I'll offer more eggs in a week or so, maybe timing will be better.

9. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

ugh...you are so right [​IMG]
    been there, done that.

10. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Any of your lovely blue eggs from the wheaten Americaunas coming along one of these days?

Now that you have started me on this addictive hobby?

Those Americauna chicks are REALLY cute, with their fat little heads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by