Blue and Black Copper Marans Chicks Mixed In with 3 Olive Eggers

MNKris

Songster
12 Years
Nov 1, 2007
I have about 20 extra Black Copper and Blue Copper Marans Chicks. There are 3 Olive Eggers mixed in the group. I hatched out 3 olive colored eggs out of a breeder that told me the hen was a pure marans, which of course she wasn't, but is a beautiful feather legged hen and a really good layer. Most of the chicks follow the english standard (clean legged) but a few have feathered legs as well.

There are 11 chicks in the first group (2 weeks old):
5 pure marans (black copper)
6 blue chicks - 2 are olive eggers and 4 are purebred blue copper marans but I don't know which is which.

The second group (1 week old). In this group there is one olive egger, but I am not sure if it is black or blue. I think it may be one of the black ones due to the heavy leg feathering like the olive egg layer hen.
4 black chicks
4 blue chicks

Additional hatch due 5/19/10 of about 5 chicks...

The rooster is a 100% Bev Davis rooster hatched from a Bev Davis egg.

The hens that produced the eggs are:
2 hens from Bev Davis
4 hens from Endless Farms that looked like pure black coppers and were sold as purepred marans.
1 olive egger from Endless Farms that looks like it was a marans hen crossed with an Easter Egger Roo.

I am selling these chicks for so cheap because of the 3 olive eggers that are mixed in that I can't identify. The hens from these lines have all been great layers for me and they were the most friendly birds you could imagine.

No shipping. We are located in Central MN (Long Prairie) and have been tested negative for pullorum typhoid and avian influenza. Please contact by email at [email protected] or 320-732-4087 for more information.

Hey there -

I wanted $4/chick, but call me. I will give you a great deal is you take them all
smile.png
The majority are purebred marans and they are super cute. I have some more that should hatch today/tomorrow so there could be a few more than 20.

These are from that beautiful group of marans I had in the front pen. All the chicks so far are blue or black, but I still could get a splash or two in this last group because 3 of the hens were blue and so was the rooster.

Back
Top Bottom