Blue and Black Langshans for Sale in OK--*Photos Added*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 19, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I just wanted to let ya'll know that I have:

Blue Pullet is No Longer Available

1 breeder-quality black cockerel, 12 weeks old:
    photo coming.

Info: This bird's name is Winky, when he was in the egg, I accidentally dropped it and it cracked. Not wanting to give up on a good egg, I let it hatch and he would up being gorgeous, but has an issue with his eye. One eye is perfect, the other seems to have "dropped" below where the "normal" eye should be. He can still see out of it, but won't be of much use to me as a show bird. His conformation is awesome and his feathering should be amazing when finished.

1 Exhibition-Quality black cockerel, 16 weeks:
    photo coming.

Info: This bird is spectacular. He will be an excellent show-bird and breeder. Even at 12 weeks I could tell he was going to be something. Thing is, I'm keeping a blue male for future breedings and this male's father is never leaving my property.

The pullet MUST be sold with one of the males as a breeding pair. If you're interested, please let me know.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Winky, left with the blue pullet on the right:
    [​IMG]

Exhibition Quality Cockerel:
    [​IMG]

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I wish, SO BAD, that you were here in kentucky. *sigh*

And the Exhibition cockerel is STUNNING. And the other two are so cute.....I have just fallen in love with Langshans - even though my hatchery girl is shy. I still love her.

4. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I had a special place in my heart for Winky, but since it's a boy, I can't use him...I've already "saved" the one I'm using for my blues. It's just a darn shame I dropped that egg! I feel like a moron...was taking out the turner and BAM, egg on ground...

Thank you for the compliments! I'm almost willing to give Winky away as I want him going to a good home. He has this quirk, since his right eye is better, that he will only look at you with his right eye, even if that means almost turning his head upside down. Hilarious.

You KNOW you need to make a trip to OK... [​IMG]

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:So sad [​IMG] Things happen. At least he survived!

Your very welcome! You deserve them.

And I know. If I had the money, I'd be driving all over the country picking up chickens! [​IMG]

6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I do want eggs at some point from you! I am just not wanting to hatch right now. I am so tired of caring for chicks!
    And I need more pens. Mine are too full.
    I adore your birds! They are gorgeous.

7. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Too bad you're so far away. I'd take all 3.

But then an exhibition quality bird should go to someone who will show him, and I'm about 14 years away from having any free time for such things. [​IMG]

-Cindy

8. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    True, but you don't HAVE to show exhibition quality ones...just knowing you've got one seals the deal for me! lol! I just like to go to shows and see how they stack up.

9. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

What are the prices on these birds? Did I miss that somewhere?

10. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    No, I didn't put the prices.
    Winky, PM me on him, and the Exhibition cockerel is $20.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by