Blue and Gold Macaw for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by natalie1136, Feb 26, 2009.

1. natalie1136

natalie1136 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois
    I have a 5 year old Blue and Gold macaw for sale. We hand fed him, his name is Jaxsun. He talks and learns more all the time. He comes with his cage. I can e-mail pics to you if you want. We have to sell him. He needs a home where he can get the love and attention he deserves.

$800.00 for bird and cage.

Pics on page 2. a friend of mine put them on for me. I couldn't get them to load.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. BigByrd24

BigByrd24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    S.E. Kansas
    I so wish you were closer. [​IMG] I have been wanting one for a few years now.[​IMG]

3. natalie1136

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois
    Quote:I wish you were too. He is really a good pet, but we have so many animals that he dosen't get the proper attention. When we holler for our dog to come in, he calls them to. He's just funny.

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Is he bonded to a man or woman?? Getting to the mating age.

5. natalie1136

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois
    Quote:He does not have a cage mate. I believe he is old enough. I'm not 100% sure of the sex, but he has never laid an egg. We believe he is male. Or he would of laid an egg by now.

Thanks Natalie

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:He does not have a cage mate. I believe he is old enough. I'm not 100% sure of the sex, but he has never laid an egg. We believe he is male. Or he would of laid an egg by now.

Thanks Natalie

Does he like men or women better

7. natalie1136

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois

Thanks Natalie

Does he like men or women better

Both. My husband and i both handle him. He loves taking showers and my husband has built him a big playstand. It goes with him too. I would say he likes me better, but he is O.K. with my husband also.

8. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio

Thanks Natalie

Not necessarily. Some females don't lay until age 8 or 10. It all depends. I have a nearly 6 yr old I think is female that's never laid an egg.

9. natalie1136

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois

Thanks Natalie

Not necessarily. Some females don't lay until age 8 or 10. It all depends. I have a nearly 6 yr old I think is female that's never laid an egg.

What makes you think yours is a female? Just curious because i've read you can't sex them without DNA. Or until an egg is laid, and that can start at 3 years old. We never DNA tested ours because it didn't matter to us what sex it is. I was told the test are $20-30 dollars.

Nataile

10. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I had an Amazon for over 8 years. The breeder had decades of experience and stated that it was her belief that the bird was female, but again, as a previous poster stated, gender could only be determined by DNA testing.

During the 8 years, no eggs were laid.

However, although the bird preferred me, her "mate" changed after a few years even though I cared for all of her needs. From what I understand, this can happen more than once, though my memory might be fail...huh...what was I saying?

Suzy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by