Blue and Splash Orpington Roosters Illinois

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EweSheep, Dec 28, 2007.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    FREE! Pick up only! In Decatur, within city limits.

Can meet half way to Bloomington, Champaign, and Springfield areas only. Pay for gas only.

These are between five to six months old. MUST GO! Or they will go in freezer!

I had two people wanting them but never showed up for these pretty guys and its close for them to be in the city limits with roosters finding out they can crow LOL. These boys are third generation from Catalupa stock.

Sorry NO shipping!

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I actually thought about driving from Wichita KS. But I just can't do it (548mi). If someone is going that way and then coming back this way I would sure take one. [​IMG]

Hate to see them go in the freezer.

Tonya

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    All roosters except for one were done in. I must say they are pitiful! At six and seven months of age, all breast meat I got was about a palm full and legs and rest of them didnt have much meat on them. So we ended up cutting all of them out including the Amercuana bantam cockerals. Better stick with meat birds Cornish crosses than trying to butcher those pretty boys!

No one locally wanted them so they are now gone.

4. tazcat70

Ohhhhhh Noooooo!! [​IMG]

I am so sorry to hear that. They were such pretty boys.

Tonya

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are pretty, but you can't keep them forever. I know I'll be looking for homes for some Blue Orps out of my current hatch and from eggs that Miss Ewesheep is going to send me in the near future. So, stay tuned, more will be coming!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep, cant keep them all! Its pitiful wishing that they were all pullets and alas, when finishing their molts, they were roosters! Double dang! So I have two girls here and two other girls at a friends farm with Gordon. I will keep an eye out for more pullets or hens in my state or anyone that can ship.

I am also going to bang on Catalupa's door for more hatching eggs! LOL...will ask for Black and Blue Orp eggs along with Buff Orp eggs too! I wish Chicows can sell me the rest of her Black Orp flock but she has not been in touch nor responding her emails at all. Such a good friend she was and had fun with her! Soooooo, in total, I have four girls of breeding age and now gotta get those girls to start laying! Hopefully in Feb! Eggs or chicks will travel for you SpeckledHen! And the rest of them too!

The rooster I had retained is ONE beautiful handsome boy! His neck head feathers are almost black but its very dark blue. He is going to be one heck of a looker! Havent gotten a name for him just yet. Othello is one name it popped up in my head.

The other "possible" roo, is a smokey grey or steel grey color, he is somewhat related to Skye, from a guy out in WV which he will be checked out later to see if he can be fitted in our breeding program.

Now I have to say some prayers for more Gordon Ramsey girls! LMAO! Yep, the head roo is Gordon, after Gordon Ramsey....one HUGE bird and nearly stuck in shipping box....friend said its like a small TURKEY! Almost ten lbs now with him breeding all the time with mixed flock.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Can't wait for the eggs! In April, I'll be putting some Welsummers, Marans, and BLRWs in the bator around the 15th or so and it'd just make my year if I could end up with some at that same time, BUT, I'll take 'em when I can get 'em. I'm excited! I think I'll feel great knowing I am mixing up my gene pool with some beautiful new blood. Ooops, I think I'm drooling....

8. tazcat70

You and me both! (drooling that is)

Tonya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by