Blue and splash Orpingtons - still looking

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by scbatz33, Jan 24, 2009.

1. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I'm in North Carolina looking for a breeder close who has chicks or starter eggs for sale. Very interested in the blue and splash varieties. If you have any or know of a good place to look, please let me know. The few folks I've talked to are way out west or won't have any until summer/fall.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Quote:We are right down the road and may have some black Orpington project birds for you.

Jim and Kaye

3. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:We are right down the road and may have some black Orpington project birds for you.

Jim and Kaye

That would be brilliant! We have really been excited since we took on our "free birds". We - my husband and I - have had lots of experience with horses, cows and goats, but never chickens. But I think we've caught the fever.

We really want to breed specific varieties instead of just throwing birds together. The Black, Blues and "split lavender" are just amazing.

I'd love to come see your set up. I am getting ideas for expansion of our coop. You can reach me at [email protected] or my cell is Do not post phone numbers on line for internet safety. Use e-mail to pass that on to individual people
    Thanks,
    Sarah

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
  4. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    We also have just hatched Blue Jersey Giant chicks if that is the breed you are going with.

Jim and Kaye

5. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Yup, I'm still looking for the blue and splash. Any help would be appreciated.

6. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I have some extra blue cockerels. Waiting for the hens to start laying. Some are 28 weeks and some are 23 weeks old. Once they start laying I will have some once I separate them and check fertility.

7. jkpnelly

jkpnelly Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2008
    There is a black pair on eggbid. Im trying to win them [​IMG] Wish me luck. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
  8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Go for it! She has great birds [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Good luck ! Hope you win!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by