Blue Andalusian thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Hey there! I might be getting like 2 or 3 Blue Andaluaians from my friend,she is ordering from Meyer hatchery and I get to pick out 2 of each breed she's getting! So I'd like to know a little more about this breed!

2. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    All I know is that I think they are BEAUTIFUL! I ordered a couple roo chicks that I should receive next week.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    They're very pretty birds.

Do a search top right for Andalusians. There are quite a few threads about them.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Okey, I'll try and look around and see!

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Any body???

6. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    A few people have started Andalusian threads, but they seem to die off after a few posts. I tried too. I think they're a beautiful bird, I love the blue coloring and splash also. I don't have any, but they're on my wish list.

7. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered Blue Andalusians, but they won't be shipped until March 24th. I'll post pics of my blues ASAP. I also ordered Blue Cochins because I have become obsessed with the blue color. I hope to get a nice range of colors...different shades of blue and splash. I also want Blue Orps, but I don't have an incubator so I can only order chicks, and I don't know any hatcheries that sell them.

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    So cool! I just LOVE ordering chicks! Hope you get all live and healthy chicks![​IMG]

9. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! I love ordering chicks, too...this is my 3rd order since we decided to get chickens 1 year ago. I just can't help myself, they are so much fun. I just noticed you're in Texas, too...what part?

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    South Texas![​IMG] Were are you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by