blue andalusian

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roosters97, Feb 28, 2008.

1. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    I am getting one from Margaret,thanks!!!!!,anybody have experience with'em???

2. MNKris

MNKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    They are the most beautiful, vibrant and naughty chicks we have ever had (except for the red stars that are more naughty) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Very high energy and healthy! Easy keepers so far!!!

[​IMG]

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I'm expecting 8/10 eggs tomorrow. In about 21 days I can tell you what the chicks are like. [​IMG]

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I raised Andalusians for several years before selling my entire flock to one of the smaller hatcheries.
    They are one of the larger of the Mediterranean breeds and are very good layers of large white eggs. Like the other Mediterraneans the are somewhat flighty although not as bad as Leghorns in my experience. The males have very large combs so winter housing in cold climates is an issue-the combs the to freeze.
    Obviously since you are only getting one breeding them is not an issue. If you did plan to breed them be aware that you will get black and splash chicks for a blue mating as well as blue chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by