blue andalusians/ameracaunas.. looking

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sandypaws, Jan 15, 2009.

1. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    before settling and buying from a hatchery.. just want to know if anybody out there has,
    BLUE ANDALUSIANS..... or REAL ameracaunas (NOT EEs)
    hatching eggs or chicks/adults..
    pick up in southern calif. or willing to ship
    thanks
    you can also reach me through.. sandypawsgrooming.com

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. The Monkey Mama

The Monkey Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    For Blue Andalusians, check out The Farmer's Wife [a BYCer] at her website:

http://www.gabbardhatchingeggs.com/shop.html

I got my Blue Andalusians from her and got a great hatch, really healthy chicks and they grew in to very nice birds.

She also sells on eBay as julie3810. I've bought 4 sets of eggs from her over the last year and they were all excellent.

For real Ameraucanas, you can buy from grandmacrazycraft on eBay - I've gotten two sets of eggs from her in the last year and both sets yielded excellent quality "true" Ameraucanas - mostly beautiful blues if you like that color. [ I do LOL!]. I have bought from 6 other "Ameraucana" sellers who *claimed* to have the "real deal" and I have about 50 mutts from their eggs running around my yard now. LOL! [cute chickens, but mutts for sure!].

Pips and Peeps [also a BYCer] http://home.sprynet.com/~rribbeck/ has a fantastic reputation for excellent Ameraucanas. I have not personally bought from her [yet [​IMG] ], but I hear enough great things about her birds that I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her.

In addition, pasofinofarm has posted Ameraucana eggs for sale here on BYC https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=121820 and her photos of her birds show excellent quality Ameraucanas too - I want to buy from her as well, but haven't yet.

Anyway, hope that helps. [​IMG]

Kelly

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi SandyPaws,

I have true Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. You can see them on my website. Just click on the "Ameraucana" album. I have seven different lines from Paul Smith. Once I finish my breeding this year I will hopefully have 11 different lines.

You will notice that I have EE's but I keep them separated during the breeding and there is NO chance that you will get an EE from me unless you ask for one. I am mating Sister to my two Wheatens & my two Blue Wheatens just to see what I wind up with because I am trying to develop a tri-colored Wheaten hen.

Jean has great birds too but I think she may be short on Wheatens and Blue Wheatens this year so let me know if you like my birds. I'll ship eggs or chicks.

God Bless,

4. sandypaws

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    thank you BOTH.. i am not ready to buy right NOW.. but in a few months i am, i thought i would start looking now, and getting prepared...

5. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Tailfeathers: I see you would ship chicks..... how much??

Obviously not right now with sub-zero temps but in a few weeks....

What's the minimum # for shipping??

Thanks....

[​IMG]

6. sandypaws

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    yes i would MUCH rather have chicks than eggs, too....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by