blue andalusians attacking former black austrolope alpha chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dawnepe, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dawnepe

dawnepe New Egg

Mar 11, 2012
    Los Alamos, CA
    my mild mannered Millie blk auslope is be tormented be the blue andalusians. i have sequestednher until she healed and tried to reintroduce but theyt are still attacking her. anyone have ideasfor me?

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Can you put an area around the hen so that they can see her but not get to her? Try that for a week or so...

Sometimes I think they may just not get along.Or they might see a weakness in her that you don't and therefore pick on her. If nothing else works, I would rehome someone.

Hope someone with more experience in these matters can give you a better option! Good luck with it and Welcome to BYC!

3. dawnepe

dawnepe New Egg

Mar 11, 2012
    Los Alamos, CA
    Thanks for the input. I can separate them but still have visual. I'll give it a try for a week. At least she is not alone she has her sister. No more andalusians. They are too aggressive and flighty and not at all cuddley. I was wooed by beauty. They are great layers though.

4. Chicken Lover 1

Chicken Lover 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    I have 8 andalusians and they are my meanest chickens[​IMG]. If they are tormenting some chicken I put them in a different area for all the other chickens. This really is the only thing you can do.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by