Blue Andalusians? Pullets or Roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jlynn1515, Jun 10, 2016.

1. jlynn1515

jlynn1515 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2016
    Oregon, USA
    Hey all! I am going to be including three photos of each of my "Blue Andalusian" chicks. We bought these from a breeder and she said pullets. I am semi-trusting that determination right now! I have a few questions and I would love to see if you guys could help me out!
    1) She said Blue Andalusian... I only see black. They are 5 weeks. Input?
    2) I was told pullets. One is a little smaller with a short and kind of stubby tail. The other is slightly larger with a good 2-3" tail. The long tail (chick #1) has really taken to having stand offs with my Welsummer Roos.

Thank you all ahead of time,
    Jessie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. ChickMagnet48

ChickMagnet48 Just Hatched

May 25, 2016
    New Haven, KY
    Both look like pullets.

3. jlynn1515

Jun 4, 2016
    Oregon, USA
    Thank you so much! I was really worrying due to the size difference and tail-length difference. Would you agree they look more like black Andalusians? Or does the "blue" come in later?

4. ChickMagnet48

ChickMagnet48 Just Hatched

May 25, 2016
    New Haven, KY
    I believe they will be more black than blue, although I have had some younger ones surprise me before but these will most likely stay dark like this.

5. jlynn1515

Jun 4, 2016
    Oregon, USA
    Awesome! I was really hoping for the blue, but I think black hens would look great in my mix! We have Egyptian Fayoumis and Crested Cream Legbars as well :)
    Thank you again!
    Jessie

6. TheChickInn29

TheChickInn29 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2015
    Hi. Can someone help me to sex my Dominique chick? Its 3 months old. It is really friendly yet it can be a little tiger sometimes lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by