1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

***BLUE AUSTRALORP PROJECT EGGS!!! FS-OK***MORE AVAILABLE!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DutchChic, Apr 10, 2009.

1. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Looking for blue Australorps? Well here you go! The eggs being offered are F1 (first generation) project blue Australorps. The rooster is a gorgeous splash Orpington, over Black Australorp hens from Julie Gabbard's stock. All offspring from THESE eggs are 100% blue, and are all showing awesome lacing on their feathers. Once these chicks are grown, you can breed them back to each other or back to Black Australorps, where blue genetics apply..i.e. blue/black/splash. Fertility/hatch rate has been 100% at the farm, and the chicks have been big, fluffy, and healthy. You can see pics of chicks and the parents at the bottom of my BYC Page.
    We will have a fresh batch to ship on Monday, the 20th. Offer is for 12+ eggs, for $40 and that does include shipping. Paypal payment only, please. First person to post sold, and PM me for paypal info gets them. [​IMG]

Day old chicks
    [​IMG]

8 wk old pullet showing significant lacing.
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: WE WILL ACCEPT MONEY ORDERS FOR THOSE THAT DON'T USE PAYPAL. EGGS WILL BE COLLECTED AND SHIPPED ONCE THE MONEY ORDER IS RECEIVED, AND IN THE ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED. PLEASE PM FOR MAILING ADDRESS.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Those look awesome I wish I had some more room [​IMG]

3. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Now see...you already have black Aussies so these would work perfectly with them!

4. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    yeah they sure would! Are they a recognized breed?

5. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    No, the blue is not a recognized color in the US at this time. In fact, there are very few folks working on them that I know of. At this stage, they are "project birds".

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    [​IMG]

7. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Aww, wish I had room for more! I saw some gorgeous blue/black cochins today when I picked up the BCMarans and Langshans fuzzy butts. Hhmmm, if you have any left over (yeah right!) point them toward DFW after you teach them to fly [​IMG] Congrats on the beautiful babies!

8. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    wish i had the money haha.

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:Me too!

10. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I'll increase the number of eggs to 12+ for the same amount if someone wants them. Remember....100% blue chicks will hatch from these eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by