Blue Australorps - boy or girl ?

CluckyChook

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I am torn on this one, they are all the same age, approx12/13 weeks. I have an obvious rooster, in the 1st photo he's in front with is head down (not great photo) - 3rd photo is the pullet but the one in the middle is undecided, please take a educated ques ? It has the darker feathers of a roo but hasn't developed 'an attitude' or the wattles to match.

Last edited:
I'm thinking they all look like pullets. Granted, I can't see the comb of the one you're calling male all that well, but it's nowhere near what I'd expect from a male of this age.

Last edited:
Really. Thanks that makes me even happier, these are my first Austalorps so I am making comparisons with other breeds I have. The one I 'think' is a male is the biggest, bossiest, loudest and meanest with the biggest comb and red wattles. You've got me thinking thou, if it was a 'he' I would probably be expecting some crowing practice by now also. Hopefully I just have a big bossy pullet. Thanks for you positive feedback, I will let you know in 2/3 months time when I either get an egg or mounting :)

Back
Top Bottom