blue australorps from hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by amazondoc, Apr 13, 2009.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey guys --

The other day I succumbed to Cute Chick Syndrome, and bought a few "assorted pullets" from TSC.

I *believe* that some of them are blue and/or splash Australorps.

BUT --

Do you think it's likely that Privett Hatchery (the supplier for our TSC) is selling blue Australorps? They don't have their catalog online.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Are you kidding me???? I have not heard a hatchery that has them yet.

DutchChic is having some eggs for sale under the Hatching eggs section.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  3. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Well heck. They look just like Australorp chicks, only in blue. Hmph.

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

hey amazon, how are they growing up?

I am sitting here researching blue australorps in google and your post came up [​IMG]

Anyway.. I have 4 accidentals on my back porch.. blue orp over black australorp... and I hatched 1 blue roo, 1 black roo & 2 black females all carrying the blue gene assumably.

Of course I'm up to my ears in projects, but was wondering what you learned about the blue australorps here in the good ol USA...or if this was something you were going to work on?

5. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey there --

I think they are turning into blue wyandottes. They seem to be starting to grow rose combs, which is a clue. [​IMG]

I'm not planning to work on Australorps in any color -- but if you post over in the Breeds section, I bet you'll find people who are!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by