1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue backed pheasant?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by LastChanceRanch, Jul 19, 2010.

1. LastChanceRanch

LastChanceRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Ok I just got some eggs that the guy says are blue backed? I haven't heard of these and was just curious if anyone out there had any ideas? are they just a color variation of a ring neck or what? Thanks!

2. Quail's Hollar Farm

Quail's Hollar Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Usually it means a type of ringneck. Blue back ringnecks are also know as manchurian ringnecks. In my opinion the manchurian are among the most beautiful of all the ringnecks.

3. LastChanceRanch

LastChanceRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Lapeer, Michigan
    I just googled manchurian pheasants and WOW, I guess I got a lucky grab, they are gorgeous! [​IMG] Thanks for the info, perfect!

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Bluebacks are are more wild type of strain of ringneck. They have more defined coloration than a chinese ringneck. They are beautiful and do well if released into the wild. Well if raised correctly to be released. You will like them...I've raised a couple hundred of them.
    [​IMG]

5. Quail's Hollar Farm

Quail's Hollar Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  6. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by