Blue bantam cockerels

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 6chickens in St. Charles, Feb 14, 2011.

1. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    4 Blue bantam cockerels, 5months old, hatched in September 2010 need a GOOD home, we are willing to do a little travel to meet up with other backyard chicken families, to deliver. Of course OK to separate, take one or take all! Mixed breed, dad is dark blue Silkie (great pet disposition) mom is black rosecomb (also great pet attitude). Anybody interested in adding pretty blue stock with friendly pet attitudes to their flock, please PM me!

Kato shows PROMISE as a good flock leader, feeds the hens, cuddles them down to lay eggs, breaks up fights, color=irridescent black/green with violet undertones:
    [​IMG]

Baby has partridge hackle coloring, generally good natured:
    [​IMG]

DannyBoy has his mom's rosecomb heritage, is extra cuddly with people:
    [​IMG]

Two of these, appear identical, very sweet and extra cuddly with people:
    [​IMG]

Thank you for looking!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I would be interested in one (either Baby or one of the ones that look alike). Im about 60 miles north of St. Louis. Could we meet?

3. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:Oh, Baby would love to go get his own hens and his own place. He's tired of the other guys being higher up on the pecking order than him, as wise and lovely as he is, they just don't listen [​IMG]

We thought of renaming him Gryphon, he sort of looks like the roosters on coats-of-armour. He's not as cuddly as the others, but I think that's because he doesn't like to have his perfect feathers touched or ruffled out of place.

I'm off this weekend, how far can you drive?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by