BLUE BANTY COCHINS... yes or no?? NEW PICS TODAY

Wendy'sChicksRock

Songster
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Oakland county ,MI
About a week or so ago I had posted some pics of my 3 new blue bany cochins. I was wondering if I had a roo and was shocked to hear they may not even be cochins!
hit.gif

If they were cochins they were really poor quality, at best pretty pets not for show. I did however get them for my children to show. One of them has really changed alot and so now im wondering if maybe she will turn out ok after all.. what do you guys think.. First pic is about 2 weeks ago and the next 2 are from today. She has really nice featherd feet too. ok here are the pics..
big_smile.png
be honest I can take it
wink.png

65029_3_blues_together.jpg

65029_blue_number_1.jpg

65029_blue_number_2.jpg

Last edited:
The second two pictures look much more like a Cochin than the first one. She has the "bunny" tail. Can you get a shot of the whole chicken, not so close up?

From the 2nd pic, they look like blue cochin pullets to me. I have 2 cockerel blue bantam Cochins. No females, so I can't compare, but the color and type seem right. Mine have dark colored feet if I'm not mistaken.

5055993699_00903a10fb_o.jpg

Smokey (3 month old cockerel)

I doubt mine are show quality, since I bought them from a hatchery, but I am extremely pleased with the ones I have because I think they are gorgeous, and that's all that matters.

5055992989_d03c11d92f_o.jpg

My two blue bantam cochin boys, Smokey and Ashley

5056608940_a134ccc0c4_o.jpg

This is one of my Cochin bantam pullets, Ebony who is coal black. Her feet are dark on top and covered with feathers, but underneath, they are yellow.

Their feet feathers don't stay dry much if they are out free ranging, but if they stay in the sheltered enclosure, they can stay pretty dry and pretty. But not pretty when they are out foraging and I don't care about that. As long as they are happy, that's all that matters.

oh i remember your first post. it was very disheartening
sad.png
but these are much more promising! why not let your little kiddies show her? i think shes beautiful! she will get there i am sure! id purchase her. shes gorgeous.
love.gif

Taking pictures is tough, and interpreting them on here is even tougher. You get them at just the right angle and you have a beautiful example of a typey bird, catch them at the wrong moment and you can have something that looks altogether different. From what I can see, they look like Cochins to me, especially if their feet are feathered and yellow. Their quality would be hard to assess from the angles of your pictures. That's something you may only figure out by showing them and see how well they do.
Good Luck, and don't get discouraged!

Back
Top Bottom