Blue barred bantam Cochin boys....which to keep?

Which rooster should I KEEP?

• Rooster #1 (Daddy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rooster #2 (Son)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
I have 2 blue barred bantam Cochin roosters from my own project stock. Which one do I keep and which do I sell? Please take the poll and post your opinion of each boy.

Rooster #1 (1 year old and the daddy to rooster #2):
13587_hpim1602.jpg

13587_hpim1600.jpg

Rooster #2 (4 months old):
13587_hpim1604.jpg

13587_hpim1606.jpg

13587_hpim1605.jpg

well the son's type is pretty close to his father's just at 4 months. I would say that the son may mature with better type than his father. Which of course is what you want. lol. how is the foot feathering on the little guy?

Quote:
Rooster #1 is my current breeder and he can be a little bugger sometimes...but nothing major. Rooster #2, being so young, is still in that "please don't eat me" stage.
lau.gif

Foot feathering is very good on both. You can't tell by these pics, but they both have nice low cushions on them and great feet color and feathers. Neither really wanted to cooperate for pics in the 20 degree weather outside yesterday.
he.gif

Quote:
I agree. I don't have alot of experience but my cockerels haven't really filled out untill 6 mo. and then some. It is hard to wait isn't it!
P.S. i am origionally from Blissfield, MI.

Last edited:
I voted #2, Both are very similar in my opinion, The dad has a fuller tail but I think the son might be still growing some in. Also, due to the younger age he will give you more years of breeding.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom