Blue barred bantam Cochin PROJECT chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, Jun 30, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I have 3 pair of these 9 week olds available. They are from my blue barred project pen. Very nice leg feathering and type, but they do need work in some areas. I have found that the barring in blue birds takes longer to "come in" and all of my chicks start out as blue. Usually at around 12 weeks I begin to see the barring pattern. I'm sure that certain observations will change in time as the project becomes more "established". My roo was solid blue as a chick, and the pic below was taken at 5 months. He is even better now at 8 months. The chicks that do not express the barring pattern still carry the gene and are capable of producing barred chicks if bred correctly. [​IMG]

Yes, these chicks look solid blue right now, but I will not sell them as such because they are genetically more. At maturity, they may be a slight barred, they may be a bold barred, they may be no barred...I don't know. That is yet to be seen. But they are not genetically pure blue and should not be considered as normal blue Cochins.

$10 per pair for the chicks, or $25 for all 3 pair. Shipping is available, weather permitting. I need to move these pairs out quickly, so I reserve the right to decline a buyer's offer if the weather (specifically the temps) prevents me from shipping them within 7-10 days.

My rooster at 5 mths. old:
    [​IMG]

Cockerel:
    [​IMG]

Pullet:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
  2. pricechris

pricechris Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Got an idea what it would cost to ship to Texas?

3. CrazyChknLady

CrazyChknLady Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Will you sell only some pullets?? (can't have roo's where I live)

4. shelleyb1969

Quote:Sorry, but it's too hot to ship most anywhere right now. [​IMG]

5. shelleyb1969

Quote:I only have 3 pair available, and if I sell just a pullet or 2, then the fate of the remaining roosters is VERY gloomy. For the price I'm selling them for, someone can buy a pair and give away the rooster and still be ahead monetarily speaking. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by