Blue/barred rock eggs - another dozen available. $20 + shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by halo, Nov 15, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    For shipping on Monday or Tuesday, a dozen plus extras. These will probably be the last ones Ill offer from the barred girls for a while; Im putting Mr. B in a pen with his blue/splash/black girls for a while to try and hatch some backup boys for him. If interested please post sold and PM me for Paypal info. The young splash roo will stay with the barred girls, but Im sure he's not old enough to, ehem, well, you know. This is Mr. B with his favorites girls, and also a picture of a young pullet from the first hatches I had with this particular cross.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Somebody has got to get these eggs before I weaken again, I already have some of Kathy's beautiful Grandbaby's..[​IMG] Someone stop me [​IMG]

3. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    Sigh, I'll take them. If only to save BluRoo.

Sold!

Cheri

4. ~SunSetsWest~

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:Thank You!
    Thank You Very Much!! Safe for another day..[​IMG]

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Halo, will you have some more of these in Feb. or so? I'd love to hatch some out next Spring. (Dreamy SIGH.)

6. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Cheri -

If you haven't hatched any of Kathy's eggs before you will love them. I got 7 out of the first batch she sent me (my first time hatching, so very experimental - everyone else has much better ratios) and they are very hardy, beautiful chicks. I have one little light blue girl that is going to be a beauty when she grows up.

I just set 16 more of Kathy's eggs yesterday. Can't wait for more of Mr. B's babies!

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thanks, everyone, I sure hope I have some in February. Im just trying to hatch some out now that arent from the barred girls, so that I can get some non barred boys to incorporate back into the herd. Right now its just Mr. B and his young splash counterpart, who is too young yet. Mr. B can handle the amount of laying girls now, but I have a lot of barred pullets growing up, and I have 5 of his own blue babies growing up, so I need to insure fertility and grow out another one or two boys. I need to get them from the original rocks that I hatched last spring...I have 2 splash, 2 blue, and 2 black, none of which are laying well at all. But they are sooo gorgeous, Im sure I can grow out another one or 2 high quality roos, especially with my knack at hatching roos....

8. ~SunSetsWest~

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:[​IMG][​IMG]

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ill have another dozen available the end of this week, as I won't be moving Mr. B. til the middle of the week, if anyone is interested.

10. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    how much are they??[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by