Blue Belle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ole-crone, Jan 11, 2008.

1. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

This ad showed up this evening in a local poultry classified...

I'm looking for an English breed of Chicken known as Blue Belle. They are a triple cross (Auracana, Cream Leghorn, and something else). They have the solid blue feathering and lay a PLUM colored egg. If you have some, or know where I might find some, for sale, please contact me.

Sounds interesting and a 'plum' colored egg is very tempting. Has anyone on the list ever heard of one?​

2. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty bird although it states she lays brown eggs? I wonder if they have seen the plum egg from one, or if it was something like an EE's trait where colored eggs can be laid??

A beautiful placid blue bird, from France. She lays a brown egg.​

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    It is a very pretty bird. I have never come across one in the hatcheries I've been through, as I am pretty sure I would have noticed it (liking that color of bird & all)
    Kristi

5. tracylo09

tracylo09 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2012
    My friend next door but one has one, she is a beautiful girl but definitely only lays brown eggs. They are a good size egg & she has layed every day so far. I know this is an old post but someone else may look it up in the search bar.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  6. texas75563

texas75563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    [​IMG]
    The Bluebell is a very attractive larger chicken in shades of light to dark grey/blue. They are a cross between a Maran and a Rhode Island Red.

They are layers of brown eggs.

The Bluebell hen is an autosex hybrid developed by Meadowsweet, (hence sometimes called a Meadowsweet Bluebell) by crossing Maran & RIR. As a hybrid it cannot breed true and its eggs/chicks will revert to type according to the cockerel used to fertilise them.

7. BLT79

BLT79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Western MA
    does it matter if the hen is the maran or the rir?

8. rainbowfeather

rainbowfeather New Egg

Aug 17, 2013
  9. cuntrybumkin

cuntrybumkin New Egg

Mar 8, 2012
    Junction City, Oregon
    Did you have any luck with cedar creek hatchery? I tried to contact them but them never replied back to my questions. Have read several discouraging reports that they are not good business people, not responding, not sending orders that were paid for, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by