1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Birds out my Window Awwwe

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BamaChicken, Mar 3, 2009.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    This morning looking out my kitchen window I was really enjoying the scenery. I love watching them build nest in the Spring in this old Cedar tree.
    [​IMG]

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Because of my cats...I don't get that anymore:(

Lovely photo

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I love bluebirds! The mountain bluebird is the state bird of Idaho, but you have to travel a long way to find them.

4. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    What a beautiful pic Bama! I can't wait for a real spring.
    sly

5. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    WOAH!!! YOU HAVE GREEN!!! [​IMG] Our alfalfa just barely started growing, but no grass yet... too dry. [​IMG]

That is a beautiful picture! We just got meadowlarks back, but no bluebirds or robins yet. Soon!

6. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

Great picture ..certainly shows the pair off beautifully. After this snow I too am looking for spring !!!

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I am blessed with the blue birds. The Mocking birds do give them trouble though. i have about five nesting boxes for them on our property and they use it. One is right off my backporch in a Scycamore tree.
    I wish I could have gotten a picture of a huge Dove flapping its wings in the Cedar this morning. WE have lots of dove nesting in the area too. They coo every morning so sweetly

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Those are very pretty!! I don't think I've seen those before?

I saw a bluejay the other day, sadly it was in the tall grass near the woods on the ground [​IMG]

9. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I am blessed with the blue birds. The Mocking birds do give them trouble though. i have about five nesting boxes for them on our property and they use it. One is right off my backporch in a Scycamore tree.
    I wish I could have gotten a picture of a huge Dove flapping its wings in the Cedar this morning. WE have lots of dove nesting in the area too. They coo every morning so sweetly

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    We get a lot of goldfinches here, but that won't be till the sunflowers start ripening [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by