Blue/Black Orpington Babies One Week Old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Oct 20, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Can you believe they're a week old already? One black Orp, one blue Orp and the black Ameraucana baby who is crowing already. The blue is much lighter than any blues I've hatched so far; in fact, when it hatched, I thought it was a splash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Youngfamily1989

Youngfamily1989 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2007
    Tennessee City
    Nice !
    I love my orpingtons, I had a friend come over the other day and he said "look it wants you to pick it up". Hes never seen friendly chickens before. I already had one in my arms. The're the Best ! [​IMG]

Brian

3. beebiz

beebiz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    I too love my Orpingtons! They are some of the sweetest and gentlest chickens I've ever owned.

Cynthia, those are genuine cutie patooties!! Just little dolls!!

Robert

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thanks, Robert. I love my Blue/Black/Splash Orps and I've gotten to love my Blue and Black Ameraucanas more than I originally thought I would. Such even-tempered sweet birds, all of them.

5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

They are just tooo sweet!!!!

Tonya

6. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    That light blue is going to be a REAL looker! (please be a girl!)

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I am hping its a girl!

My blue orp chicks are dangerous! At the sight of me, all 14 of them like to "bulldoze" me down for those treats and they dont thank me for it by grabbing pieces of bread LOL. I can not imagine them being so friendly and \\ real piglets they are and I probably get knocked over by them when they get a little heavier!

Sounds like your little blue girl chick would be light blue, not as blue as your girls are but neverthanless, it would be beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by