Blue/Black Orpington Babies One Week Old

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Can you believe they're a week old already? One black Orp, one blue Orp and the black Ameraucana baby who is crowing already. The blue is much lighter than any blues I've hatched so far; in fact, when it hatched, I thought it was a splash:
DCP_8184.jpg

DCP_8196.jpg

DCP_8195.jpg

Nice !
I love my orpingtons, I had a friend come over the other day and he said "look it wants you to pick it up". Hes never seen friendly chickens before. I already had one in my arms. The're the Best !
frow.gif

Brian

I too love my Orpingtons! They are some of the sweetest and gentlest chickens I've ever owned.

Cynthia, those are genuine cutie patooties!! Just little dolls!!

Robert

Thanks, Robert. I love my Blue/Black/Splash Orps and I've gotten to love my Blue and Black Ameraucanas more than I originally thought I would. Such even-tempered sweet birds, all of them.

I am hping its a girl!

My blue orp chicks are dangerous! At the sight of me, all 14 of them like to "bulldoze" me down for those treats and they dont thank me for it by grabbing pieces of bread LOL. I can not imagine them being so friendly and \\ real piglets they are and I probably get knocked over by them when they get a little heavier!

Sounds like your little blue girl chick would be light blue, not as blue as your girls are but neverthanless, it would be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom