Blue, black, splash Orpington chicks wanted!

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by maggienchamp, Jan 16, 2013.

1. maggienchamp

maggienchamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some blue/black/splash Orpington chicks - all female! I hatched some of these guys a couple of months ago, four of them hatched, but three of them are boys! Unfortunately I can't keep any roosters due to where I live, so I'm looking to replace the three. Good, healthy, quality bloodlines are important :) I'm located in Somers, CT - either shipping or local pickup is fine!
    I would be willing to pay up to $7 per chick

Thanks [​IMG]

2. themenagerie

themenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    There's a poster here named Littleblue that usually has Orpington chicks, but they're sold as straight run. You should PM her.

3. maggienchamp

maggienchamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks for the reply :) I actually need the chicks to be all female though, otherwise I would just hatch the chicks myself [​IMG]

4. nitngl

nitngl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    I can't find many breeders that sex their chicks. Unless of course they are autosexed. Sunnysideupmicrofarm.com has reasonably priced chicks. They are on here as well,but I think under a different name. Also most breeders expect a minimum of 15 chicks to be bought. I've always had good luck selling Cockerels on Craigslist. There is also a site called rarebreedauctions.com. That you can auction them off....if there isn't a local small animal auction around. Good luck!

5. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    You can't sex day old Orps.. at least I certainly can't... Mine are usually 3 to 4 weeks old before I can make an educated guess as to their sex. I sell day old straight run for 15 each.. price goes up after I have to take care of them for that long and sex them for you too.

6. heirloomorps

heirloomorps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    We can't sex day old Orps either... They just look super fluffy! We have English BBS Orps at $10 a chick - we do ship but our minimum is 10 to ship.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by