blue/black Splash Orps.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KKluckers, Jun 20, 2008.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Though I would share some pics I took the other day. These are out of Angela Stanleys Bloodline and Im just thrilled with them. I cant wait till I can start producing my own unique line from hers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I got some eggs from her this spring, but only 1 of them hatched.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They are beautiful! [​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    So pretty!!... Next nice sunny day here I'll take pics of yours that I hatched out, I'm so pleased with them...looks like alot of cockerals but a few nice pullets....lol

5. Dilly

Dilly Cooped Up

Apr 15, 2008
    What really nice Blue Orps. They appear rather young still but that doesn't hinder one from seeing the potential and obvious quality. My favorite is the young pullet, nice roo too.

I have to ask this, I keep seeing allot of postings about lines, from my experience with breeding of livestock and companion animals it takes many generations to actually be able to claim a line as your own, (even though most will after payment exchanges hands).
    What is it with poultry on the norm?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, surely Chris sent me all the eggs containing pullets, right? [​IMG]

7. Dilly

Dilly Cooped Up

Apr 15, 2008
    Quote:Hey I want one of those crystal eggs that can predict sex !![​IMG]

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    LOvely birds!!

9. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:Thanks everyone for the compliments, I really like these guys they are so big!
    Dilly
    I do not and will not claim something is my line till about five generations. It takes that long to really get your own line and was told this by some of the top breeders in the US. They have been doing this for such a long time so I figure I better take their advice. Its a big pet peeve of mine when people tell me this is my breeding or my bird when it is actually the other breeders hard work and years they put into there birds. These are just my silver bullets for showing and Im sure they will do well. Im kinda partial to that blue roo though!

Katy, she shipped me chicks but it was well worth knowing I would have them for sure. They even were a day late. Boy, was I worried.

Cyn, I tried my hardest with the pullet eggs. I hope you hatch a bunch of girls! Suede needs some more girlies.

Tuff, I would love to see pics of the little ones. I really want to see how the buff is turning out. I have a few brooding right now and my bantam hen just hatched one more.

10. Dilly

Dilly Cooped Up

Apr 15, 2008
    I do not and will not claim something is my line till about five generations. It takes that long to really get your own line and was told this by some of the top breeders in the US. They have been doing this for such a long time so I figure I better take their advice. Its a big pet peeve of mine when people tell me this is my breeding or my bird when it is actually the other breeders hard work and years they put into there birds. These are just my silver bullets for showing and Im sure they will do well. Im kinda partial to that blue roo though!

That is about what I thought it should be, unfortunately that isn't the case allot of the time.
    People will hang their shingle after the first generation if not prior.

What is seriously sad is when this happens and the people that call themselves breeders do not even show and prove out their stock. They advertise and sell off the hard work and dedication of others.
    It pays to investigate the time someone has been involved and what they have actually achieved. Most times you will find a better source is the actual breeder behind the scene.

Thanks Christina for keeping this real and for having the integrity to give credit where it rightfully belongs. I have seen allot of your program and I am very impressed.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by