Blue black splash

AlleysChicks

Enabler
Oct 10, 2016
Southern Ohio
So I was looking over the BBS chart last night trying to decide on the amount of each color I wanted that would give me the most colors in offspring. When looking at splash x splash there are 2 offspring colors. One is splash and the other is splash but different, what is it? Anyone have pics of birds to show the difference? TIA.
20200207_100659.jpg

The Moonshiner

Professional Chicken Tender
Nov 17, 2016
Missouri
IDK what exactly they're trying to say with the chart.
Blue is just a dilute of black and splash is two copies of the dilute.
Since its a dilute not all birds will be diluted in the same amount. Blues can range from a lighter shade of blue to a darker almost black shade.
Splash gives a double dose of dilute so it can vary even more. There's a lot of differences in splash from almost white to light bluish with any amount of patches or specks.
I assume the chart is somehow trying to show the variations in the splash pattern.

Amer

Enabler
Nov 8, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
IDK what exactly they're trying to say with the chart.
Blue is just a dilute of black and splash is two copies of the dilute.
Since its a dilute not all birds will be diluted in the same amount. Blues can range from a lighter shade of blue to a darker almost black shade.
Splash gives a double dose of dilute so it can vary even more. There's a lot of differences in splash from almost white to light bluish with any amount of patches or specks.
I assume the chart is somehow trying to show the variations in the splash pattern.
X2
The two different splashes don’t mean anything. They’re the same thing.
They should have removed that to avoid confusion a long time ago IMO.

AlleysChicks

Enabler
Oct 10, 2016
Southern Ohio
It was confusing me. I thought maybe it was a lighter vs darker splash or something along those lines.
I did have some different splash birds happen a couple years ago. Some were traditional splash birds and 2 others were white with black splatters all over them. Same parents which were 2 traditional colored splash birds.

Top Bottom