Blue & Black Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Katy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Does anyone on here have any of this breed? I got some eggs for them. I was looking for a hatchery that sells them and the only place I could find them was Privett Hatchery. Texas Poultry has blue ones on eggbid.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  2. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Welp has them but they are sold out until April.I just inquired about them cause I want some Blue,Black, and Buff Wyandottes from them.I didn't order but I'm going to after I decide exactly when I want them.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks!

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I think Sandhill has blacks.

5. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    I have 17 Blue Wyandotes coming from Welp on March 11. Im super excited!![​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You'll have to share pictures when you get them. I think I'm going to order some from them if the eggs don't hatch well.....any ideas how I can sneak them past hubby without him seeing? [​IMG] He was already upset when he found out I have more hatching!!!

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I have 3 Blue Wyandottes, well 2 blue pullets and 1 splash rooster. They are huge.

8. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Where did you get yours?

9. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Katy, I haven't figured out the sneaking part quite yet either [​IMG] The gal that I borrowed the incubator from stopped over yesterday to pick up some eggs, and when she left, he was questioning why I didn't send her bator with her...lol! I did give her 3 laying hens though, so that should have made him feel a *little* bit better about the new chicks I have coming in March [​IMG]

I have 4 blue Wyandottes coming from Welps on my order, so I will post pictures throughout their growing stages. I wanted BLRW, but Welps doesn't have them, and Ideals (my other order coming from them) are bantams.

edited because I can't type tonight...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Do you have any pictures of them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by