1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Blue & Black Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Katy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Does anyone on here have any of this breed? I got some eggs for them. I was looking for a hatchery that sells them and the only place I could find them was Privett Hatchery. Texas Poultry has blue ones on eggbid.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  2. scgamecock

scgamecock Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Welp has them but they are sold out until April.I just inquired about them cause I want some Blue,Black, and Buff Wyandottes from them.I didn't order but I'm going to after I decide exactly when I want them.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks!

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I think Sandhill has blacks.

5. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Songster

Jan 5, 2008
    I have 17 Blue Wyandotes coming from Welp on March 11. Im super excited!![​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You'll have to share pictures when you get them. I think I'm going to order some from them if the eggs don't hatch well.....any ideas how I can sneak them past hubby without him seeing? [​IMG] He was already upset when he found out I have more hatching!!!

7. Cara

Cara Songster

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I have 3 Blue Wyandottes, well 2 blue pullets and 1 splash rooster. They are huge.

8. scgamecock

scgamecock Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Where did you get yours?

9. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Songster

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Katy, I haven't figured out the sneaking part quite yet either [​IMG] The gal that I borrowed the incubator from stopped over yesterday to pick up some eggs, and when she left, he was questioning why I didn't send her bator with her...lol! I did give her 3 laying hens though, so that should have made him feel a *little* bit better about the new chicks I have coming in March [​IMG]

I have 4 blue Wyandottes coming from Welps on my order, so I will post pictures throughout their growing stages. I wanted BLRW, but Welps doesn't have them, and Ideals (my other order coming from them) are bantams.

edited because I can't type tonight...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Do you have any pictures of them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: