Blue/Buff Orp Crosses. PICS!UPDATE--it IS a rooster! YAY!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tiffanyh, May 15, 2008.

1. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I crossed by splash orp roo with my buff hen ( I was hoping one of the eggs was from my blue hen, but I dont htink so now!)

Here are the outcomes. Pretty sure both are crosses! But so different from one another.

Here is the one I am pretty sure is a roo...would you agree?? He is just so small!
    [​IMG]

Here is the hen, well at least her back side. Her head is very dark and body very light.
    [​IMG]

Here is the hen I had HOPED they were from!
    [​IMG]

Here is the hen they were ACTUALLY from!
    [​IMG]

And here is dad!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for letting me share. I am excited how my "roo" turned out color wise! Well see where it does from here!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    What beautiful chickens!! I lust after blue chickens!! Someday when I get my farm. (From my keyboard to God's eyes [​IMG] )

Your first photo looks like a roo...he's got really thick legs and with all that red on his face already...I would guess he's a roo!

"Dad" is gorgeous [​IMG]

3. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Yeah-I was hoping for a roo--his dad is my brothers roo....and I miss having him here. He lived here while they were moing--although I HATCHED HIM originally! [​IMG]

So I wanted his predasesor (sic). His name is Charlie P Jr., after his dad!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Tiffany,
    awesome babies they turned out be!! Best of luck with your 2 little pullets.
    yes, I said 2 girls! lol.
    judgeing by the appearance and comparing them to mine (I now have several blues/blacks/splashes). Roos tend to look like a ball with a head sticking out of the top at that age and stand and walk almost upright in a way, where as the girls are mini versions of the adult females. I won`t say I`m 100% correct and I do welcome anyone to tell me I`m wrong. regardless, they are both very nice looking pretty chickies. [​IMG] Tony

5. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hmmm....suprisingly enough I am hoping for a roo..but he does ACT more like a hen. Awww man!

Anyone else????

6. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Any other guesses???

7. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    No one? Hmmm.....

8. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Isnt it funny how some posts get anywhere from 21 to 143 responses and some get 2. Even though they are almost identical posts?

Go figure.

Have a good night everyone.

9. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Quote:I know just what you mean! [​IMG]

10. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks Gindee,