Okay, great, thanks. I thought I would ask because of the mold or whatever it is that makes the cheese "blue cheese." I don't want to poison my girls. There is some potato salad that I would love to give them, but I read about the skins of potatoes being toxic or something. These are red potatoes in the salad, and there is some skin left on them. My girls are 15 weeks old.
Mine get all leftovers, anything we have eaten. I figure if the mold in blue cheese is ok for me to eat it won't hurt the chickens. HOWEVER- I never give them any kind of moldy food (cheese, bread, coleslaw, fruit, etc) that's not supposed to be moldy. As for potatoes, mine eat cooked ones all the time, skins and all. The skins that might hurt them are the ones that are green (something called "solanum" sp?) which I would peel off if feeding to my family so I just avoid feeding them any raw potato products.
Me Too! Thanks for all the practical and informed advice.
I inherited 9 hens and a rooster. We lost two hens but have hatched two more, so maintaining equilibrium!
It really helps to have good resources and experienced advice!