Blue chick

cindy parker

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Sylvania Georgia

This is the blue chick we got at the same time we got the pink chick. I really hope this one is a pullet. I would be so disappointed knowing I had to set up a second brooder for these two if neither of them are pullets:( oh well...I'm sure someone will be happy to have them if they aren't pullets. I'm just having fun with them right now:)

They are very likely to be Leghorn cockerels. In my experience the majority of 'Easter Chicks' are leghorn cockerels - cheap and readily available.

That's my prelim guess, too, but it's way too early to say for sure. The feathered legs on the other bird were a big clue for breed, this one could be a number of things. Post again when it's around 6 weeks old.

oh well...live and learn. I did get 4 pullets from TSC,,,i have two Rhode Island Reds, a buff orphington, and an americana. I have a friend offering to give me a game hen. i don't know a thing abut them...any good things or bad thing about them?

This is the blue chick we got at the same time we got the pink chick. I really hope this one is a pullet. I would be so disappointed knowing I had to set up a second brooder for these two if neither of them are pullets:( oh well...I'm sure someone will be happy to have them if they aren't pullets. I'm just having fun with them right now:)

How the heck do you do that? What do you use? Is it safe for the chicks?

oh well...live and learn. I did get 4 pullets from TSC,,,i have two Rhode Island Reds, a buff orphington, and an americana. I have a friend offering to give me a game hen. i don't know a thing abut them...any good things or bad thing about them?
Game hens are great foragers, decent layers and great mommas. They're scrappy little birds. Downside of that is, they're not always the friendliest and don't always do well in confinement.

Updated picture of the blue dyed chick we got for Easter. Still would appreciate any ideas of breed or sex. This chick is much smaller than my others were at this age.

The blue chick is male

yea...I kinda figured that was the case when his comb got so big:( I would really hate to separate the two chicks....they are very attached to each other and are both much smaller than the rest of the chickens in my coop, but I can't have two roosters and I'm pretty sure one of the others I got from TSC is a roo.

Back
Top Bottom