Blue chickens

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have 2 chickens I have always called "blue and splash" marans- but they are not as big as a maran here is my True splash maran hen(front) with my splash hen. The Splash maran is missing her comb complements of a goose I owned.
the maran again

my blue and another shot of my splash

I just would guess they were marans, but my other maran was big. Then I visited a friend, and she had Isbars, these are hers, what do you think?

Last edited:
my chickens came from a woman who didn't even know she had blue hens and someone gave'm to her. they both lay brown eggs not dark.

my isbar lady's hens lay the green in the middle upper egg pic, but the far brown egg upper was from the isbar/legbar pen so it is a mystery.

I know chickens and I know what color eggs they all lay, but when hens have no background that you know of you have to call'm something-

Last edited:
my chickens came from a woman who didn't even know she had blue hens and someone gave'm to her. they both lay brown eggs not dark.

my isbar lady's hens lay the green in the middle upper egg pic, but the far brown egg upper was from the isbar/legbar pen so it is a mystery.

I know chickens and I know what color eggs they all lay, but when hens have no background that you know of you have to call'm something- 

Maybe one of the Isbars is a Maran?

my chickens came from a woman who didn't even know she had blue hens and someone gave'm to her. they both lay brown eggs not dark.

Nobody was saying you don't know anything about chickens, but if you post a thread asking if something is an Isbar or Marans, people will ask what color eggs they lay and where they came from.

I am making the blue chickens for me and not for the high priced chicken world- here is a shot of some of my babies- the one to the front is a blue splash Isbar from a lady who raises isbars, I have a barred rock because I saw a book of chicken breeding from England where they had a blue barred rock, a cross between a blue/ and barred rock chicken, under the barred is a speckled sussex just because, to the right behind BR is a blue andelusian, the far right is a BCM mixed with any blue splashed will create blue, in front of the BCM is a GLW when mixed with a Blue Andelusian will create bluelaced red wyandottes, and to the far left a EE for a splash of egg color.

Still waiting on the above eggs- but I do have 2 Blue splash smooth/blue splash frizzle-frazzle due on Sat. one pipped one in air cell.

Back
Top Bottom