blue-coat on my hands, sweater, and very bestest jacket! Help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedheadErin, Dec 17, 2011.

1. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    I had no idea it would be so bad. I actually took the jacket off and put it aside, but the overspray still got to it. It is one of those nice Columbia jacket systems with the zip-out lining that turns into another coat--I'd hate to mess it up.

How do I get this stuff out of my hands and clothes? HELP!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    It's pretty much like a sharpie marker.......So sorry !

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Over spray of what?

Quote:

4. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    Try Rit Color out... It worked when I Kool-Aided my favorite sweater.... [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Good luck!

6. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Its very easy to get off your skin. Rubbing Alcohol works wonders on things like that and sharpie. Many years of taking the X off my underage hand at bars. Lotion works just as well too. [​IMG]

Good luck on the sweater. I never got it out of my fav shirt.

7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    hairspray and windex got the hair dye out of my coral coloured hoodie.... auburn hair dye [​IMG]

it was fully dried before i noticed it

8. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Look for a product near the Rit Dye called Stain Devil. They make one labeled for Ink that takes out stains I never thought would come out like sharpie and such [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    I soaked it in SHOUT ultra-power gel or something like that while the stain was still wet and rubbed it really hard. I did this every day or two for a week, and washed. [​IMG] The jacket looks better than before!

THe sweater came out OK, but my hands... My first instinct was to scrub them til they were raw--OW! I wear acrylic nails, and the purple got under the edges of them. No getting that out. If it looked owrse, I'd jsut paint over them, but its pretty faint.

But in case anybody ever asks, the trick to getting Blu-Cote out of your yellow and white jacket is....SHOUT IT OUT! (Accompaniment by some actual shouting soesnt seem to hurt, either.[​IMG]:barnie)

10. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I get it off my hands with rubbing alcohol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by