Blue Cochin and ameraucana mix?

chicken lover32

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 4, 2014
I just got some new chicks! Both my old girls died(penny an buttercup, both road islands) one from a wild bobcat and one from sickness. Someone I know has an Americana roo that I think I may be able to get my hands on. One of my new girls is a blue Cochin, so I wanted to know if I should breed them and how I could hatch them naturally using the momma chicken itself. The girl I'm talking about is only about a month or two old, so it will be a while. It would be nice if someone could show me pictures of this kind of breed. Thanks.

You most likely will end up with a barnyard mix. One is a clear legged variety and the cochins have feathered feet. Not sure if your cochin is large fowl or bantam. Cochins are known to be EXCELLENT MOTHER HENS.
WISHING YOU BEST
welcome-byc.gif

I know you are here for 1 1/2 years but just started to post.
smile.png

I just got some new chicks! Both my old girls died(penny an buttercup, both road islands) one from a wild bobcat and one from sickness. Someone I know has an Americana roo that I think I may be able to get my hands on. One of my new girls is a blue Cochin, so I wanted to know if I should breed them and how I could hatch them naturally using the momma chicken itself. The girl I'm talking about is only about a month or two old, so it will be a while. It would be nice if someone could show me pictures of this kind of breed. Thanks.
What the chicks would look like, and what color eggs the female chicks will lay, largely depends on if the rooster is true Ameraucana or if it's an Easter Egger.

the reason its been so long is because I got caught up in raising my chickens i was talking about when I first posted this and forgot the password. I never chose a new password until now. Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
The hen in the back is a cochin bantam cross with a americana. The rooster up front is no relation to the hen. will get a better picture as soon as i can so you can see better but she has the puffy checks and feathered legs. Only 5months old

The hen in the back is a cochin bantam cross with a americana. The rooster up front is no relation to the hen. will get a better picture as soon as i can so you can see better but she has the puffy checks and feathered legs. Only 5months old
The rooster stands like a Great Sentinel,,,,,,,,, BEAUTIFUL...... What are his genes???

Back
Top Bottom