Blue Cochin or brahma? 2 week old chick we hatched

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Aug 23, 2012
PA
Anyone know what these 2 feather footed blue 2 week old chicks are? They guy I got them from only has blue, Black cochin and a ton of brahma they have a tad of tan color just around the eyes,rest is blue/grey..oh and feathering seems a bit more rounded than my brahma chicks, and the comb is too tiny to see what kind, Excuse the poop, its clean out shavings time later : ) I tried to search for cochin chicks but colors are all different! weird!

Quote: I thought polish just have crests????? My daughter actually hatched ONE polish in this batch, the other white eggs were rolling air cells and didnt do anything.... this chick was from a brown egg? Polish have all white right? Plus this chick doesnt resemble the polish chick with its very large crest, this guy just looks like he has a matted flat spot in the back of his head from hatching and it makes the front seem large. Else I have not clue whats going on! LOL

thumbsup.gif

None had silkies~ HOWEVER I think someone hopped a fence?????

I forgot this.... I also got brown eggs from the lady who sent the polish eggs for harmoy!
check out her posting for this sale..... Hello, I am selling some hatching eggs from different breeds. They will be from White crested black polish , white crested blue polish, solid black polish ,light brahmas ,dark brahmas,gold laced polish. I have them all separate but im selling them what ever dozen I pull for the day will make up the dozen I send.

Wondering if these two arent from her eggs and were actualy mixed????? The only one Harmony had hatch out of the whites was that one gold laced polish chick... the feathering is very limited compared to the other feather footed ones in there too! I know my friend DOES NOT mix his pens at all, so it must be from her eggs, I lost track of brown eggs cause so many hatched at once!!!
ANOTHERWORDS.... think its a mix polish and dark brahma from her pens???

the light feathering on the legs suggest mixes with one parent having feathered legs and the other parent clean legged.

if the "polish" chick has feathers on it's legs then it's also a mix between a feather legged breed and a none feather legged breed

Back
Top Bottom