1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Blue Cochin or brahma? 2 week old chick we hatched

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Anyone know what these 2 feather footed blue 2 week old chicks are? They guy I got them from only has blue, Black cochin and a ton of brahma they have a tad of tan color just around the eyes,rest is blue/grey..oh and feathering seems a bit more rounded than my brahma chicks, and the comb is too tiny to see what kind, Excuse the poop, its clean out shavings time later : ) I tried to search for cochin chicks but colors are all different! weird!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the last chick is neither as it has a crest

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    And neither have much leg feathering. I'm not familiar with the color brahma you're describing, I think you have some mixed chicks. The body really doesn't look much like cochins, either.

4. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    you beat me to it!

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    None had silkies~ HOWEVER I think someone hopped a fence?????

I forgot this.... I also got brown eggs from the lady who sent the polish eggs for harmoy!
    check out her posting for this sale..... Hello, I am selling some hatching eggs from different breeds. They will be from White crested black polish , white crested blue polish, solid black polish ,light brahmas ,dark brahmas,gold laced polish. I have them all separate but im selling them what ever dozen I pull for the day will make up the dozen I send.

Wondering if these two arent from her eggs and were actualy mixed????? The only one Harmony had hatch out of the whites was that one gold laced polish chick... the feathering is very limited compared to the other feather footed ones in there too! I know my friend DOES NOT mix his pens at all, so it must be from her eggs, I lost track of brown eggs cause so many hatched at once!!!
    ANOTHERWORDS.... think its a mix polish and dark brahma from her pens???

9. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the light feathering on the legs suggest mixes with one parent having feathered legs and the other parent clean legged.

10. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if the "polish" chick has feathers on it's legs then it's also a mix between a feather legged breed and a none feather legged breed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by