Blue Copper and Blk Copper Marans 12+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WestKnollAmy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    This is for 12+ eggs from 2 breeding pens. I have a Blue Copper Marans roo over 3 Blue Copper hens and 3 Blk Copper hens. I also have a pen of all Black Coppers, one roo over 6 hens.

I get very few splash chicks from these crosses but I do get some so that is a possibility.
    My girls are going on 2 years old as well as my Blue Copper rooster but my Blk Copper roo is less than a year old.
    The bloodlines are varied. My Blue Coppers are from Whitmore Farms as well as a few Blk Coppers and the other Blk Coppers are from several other bloodlines.
    The eggs have been dark through the year but are starting to lighten up as we go through winter.

Please visit my website for more photos. Go under "Breeds" and then down to the "Marans" and to whichever page you would like to view with the Marans.

This is to be shipped out next Tuesday Jan. 18 (Monday is a PO holiday)
    I wrap each egg in bubble wrap and place in a box with peanuts and lined in more bubble wrap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 4 eggs on the left are Marans eggs, the others on the left are for comparison. Photo taken last month.
    [​IMG]

2. rosegal

rosegal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Tustin, CA
    Would you be willing to send these now, instead of waiting for the auction to close?
    I need fertile eggs asap for a science fair project, yes I will be keeping the chickens after the project.
    La Donna

3. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    At this time we are snowed in and I am not sure I would be able to get to the PO until tomorrow and then Monday is a holiday so you would not get the eggs until Tuesday or even Wed. They may sit in your PO over Sunday and Monday, which would not be very good for them. They would not be very fresh.
    I would love to send you eggs but I can't really ship out until next Tuesday.

4. rosegal

rosegal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Tustin, CA
    Ok, maybe another time, sorry about your weather....
    La Donna

5. southerncomfortfarms

southerncomfortfarms Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2010
    Kingsport Tennessee
    You have very nice birds, I would love to have a clutch of them.... You do a very nice job with your stock, congratulations.[​IMG][​IMG] I appreciate your post of sale....

6. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Hope you have more auctions like this at a later date. My incubator is full right now. Your birds are beautiful and so is your website, I loved all the pictures. [​IMG]

7. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Thank you everyone. I have neglected my family to work 7 days a week with all my breeding stock and to keep the farm going. I enjoy my work and the birds.
    I plan to put up eggs on the auction until March when I start setting them for myself again or if others contact me privately for sales. I do have a list going on so there may not be a lot more auctions.

8. crfarm

crfarm Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes or so

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    Beautiful Birds Nadine!

9. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Thank you! I do work hard at trying to improve type, laying, egg color and size.

10. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    As this auction draws to a close and I am getting ready to think about what eggs to send, I realize I have most of the eggs from my blue roos pen and maybe one from my only black copper pen. Somebody is going to get some wonderful chicks from these eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by