Blue Copper & Blk Copper Marans eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WestKnollAmy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    This is for a dz plus to be shipped out next Monday Jan. 3rd.
    I wrap each egg in bubble wrap and place in a box with shredded paper and lined in more bubble wrap.

I am getting eggs from my Blk Copper Marans pen and I have a pen of Blue Coppers and have added some Blk Coppers back in there again. I get very few splash chicks from these crosses but I do get some so that is a possibility.
    My girls are going on 2 years old as well as my Blue Copper rooster but my Blk Copper roo is less than a year old.
    The bloodlines are varied. My Blue Coppers are from Whitmore Farms as well as a few Blk Coppers and the other Blk Coppers are from several other bloodlines.
    The eggs have been dark through the year but are starting to lighten up as we go through winter.
    I am not sure my links work yet on my revised website so have added photos here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The four on the left are from my Marans in the past month. The others are for comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
  2. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Beautiful birds....[​IMG] I might be able to swing this.

3. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Thank you. I feed as close to organic as I can from a mill down the road and from getting whole grains. My tractors are moved every week so they have fresh ground.
    I try to make the price as low as I can so others have the opportunity to experience these wonderful birds, as well. Everyone should try this breed. We certainly enjoy them.

Good luck with the auction.[​IMG]

4. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Your blue girls have nice lacing. Very pretty!

5. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    What would you say about the temperament of your birds? Mostly the roos. Are they friendly? I have two BC roos with real attitudes. I love my Marans girls from Bev Davis lines. Total sweethearts! [​IMG]

6. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Extremely docile and friendly. The roos more than the hens, actually.
    My blue c. roo waits every night for me to come up the hill from the barn and stop at his tractor to lift him up onto his roost and give him his nightly petting. He is so rotten and spoiled.
    I have heard others say theirs have been aggressive but we raise about 25 a year for our freezer and hate the day when we have to butcher because they are such sweet birds. They all want to be pets but we can't do that. I have never had an aggressive Marans roo.
    My hens are friendly and I do pick them up but they just don't have the ability to be spoiled rotten like my roos. I figure it is a man thing![​IMG]

7. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Thanks Nadine! i so want a cuddly roo.

8. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I love my blue c. fella! When people come to the farm and see him, they often ask if he is friendly. I go into the tractor and pick him up to show them that he is a total sweetheart. Huge but sweet. I did not train him this way, this is just him. And my black c. roo, Albert is just as easy going. I don't pick him up much but can and have to check weight and spurs. I am very picky about temperament and egg color.

I think the links work to my Marans on my website now. You should be able to see the pages of my blk c and blue c.

9. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by