Blue Copper Marans Gender? 6+ weeks old

DawnMarie74

Songster
11 Years
Aug 16, 2010
Hoschton
I'm about to buy a blue copper marans pullet tomorrow, said to be approximately 1 and half months old. Seller says their 100% sure it's a pullet. I asked for pics and below is what I got. The comb seems huge to me. Can anyone guess the gender from these pics?

Last edited:
i'm thinking it might be older than that like 2.5 months. it already has the copper coming in on its neck and without a frountal its hard to really tell i want to say its a pullet though

bow.gif

Oh man, I wish I would of got these post before I left. I wasted my time and gas looking at these roo's. At least I didn't waste my money because I walked away from them. Thanks anyway for all your replies and have a wonderful weekend!
wink.png

Dawn, a bird that young shouldn't have copper coloring already starting...and it's a Roo...I would have walked away too for both reasons.~Charm1704

Dawn, a bird that young shouldn't have copper coloring already starting...and it's a Roo...I would have walked away too for both reasons.~Charm1704

I'm glad more and more people are saying roo. The seller was a complete *** and very rude to my daughter and I. He contacted me Thursday afternoon to let me know he had a blue copper pullet for sale. I was there to check it out Friday morning. Less than 24 hours. When we first showed up, we waited around for 5 minutes before he would even acknowledge us, because his phone conversation was to important to hang up with. Then when he realized he wasn't making a sale, he very rudely took the bird out of my hand and said "Bye.......Thanks for coming". Then walked away and left us standing there. Then he had the audacity to write me this nasty email below...

Hey Dawn, I just wanted to let you know I really don't appreciate you wasting my time. I have had several people here wanting that pullet with money not wasting my time and I kept her for you. I'm 100% sure that a top breeder who has been raising marans for 4-5 years knows a little more than a back yard flock raiser. I also have also sent those pics to 3 other maran breeders in the area and everyone that saw them said they were for sure pullets. Maybe you have just never seen marans I'm not sure but in the past 8 months. I have raised up over 100 chicks and 30-40 were marans. I know a PULLET when I see one I don't waste peoples time. I hope you have fun in your chicken adventure's but please never contact me for a chicken again after the way I was disrespected. Like I don't know a hen from a rooster? WOW good look on finding what your looking for Dawn I hope the best to you. Also I spoke with my buddy Ray so you want have to worry about wasting his time aswell. Thanks

On a good note, this happens to be the same day I got the eggs from you! Many thanks once again. I just set them this morning and can't wait for hatching day.

Dawn
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom