Blue Copper Marans Roo! [w/ pics]

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jettgirl24, Sep 29, 2010.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I took new pics of my little blue copper marans roo. He's about 8 1/2 weeks old now and he's got tonss of copper now with more every day. He was my favorite chick from the day they hatched and the copper was totally unexpected. I was disappointed at first when he turned out ot be a roo but have decided to keep him and can't believe how gorgeous he is growing up to be! I think I definitely have to hatch some of his babies... I'm definitely going to hatch some full Marans babies next year and I kinda want to see what the babies would look like if I cross him w/ my BO and one of my BRs.... Looks like next spring is going to be science experiment time [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Very nice! Aside from the vast number of points in his comb, looks like he's gonna be a stunner! [​IMG] So far I think he'll grow to have a very balanced amount of copper.

3. jettgirl24

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    That's really interesting about the comb points, I just looked up some info on BYC. It's something I didn't know anything about but if the breed standard is five he sure does have a lot more action going on than that!

4. Flamineagle

Flamineagle Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Lucky! He's a beauty! I pick up my BCM roo tomorrow!

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Whew..that is one beautiful bird! Good luck with him!

6. jettgirl24

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Thought I'd take a couple new pics now that "Copper" has grown up! He's 24 weeks now and he started to crow a couple of weeks ago so he has to spend his nights in his rooster box so the neighbors don't freak out on us... Here he is looking a bit angry at me about taking him away from his girls! He has gotten absolutely HUGE but is still very sweet with his ladies. The hormones have definitely kicked in though, he's started feeling very... Ummm... Amorous [​IMG] He's not show quality or anything but I think he's pretty darn beautiful! I'm looking forward to hatching some of his babies for my laying flock this spring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    He is truly beautiful!!!

8. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Very handsome guy! [​IMG]