1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

<<Blue Copper Marans>> who won the ones on ovabid?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by needmorechickens!, Oct 16, 2008.

1. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] I know lots of us are looking for Marans...There are blue coppers and many others on ovabid right now..."chick" it out! [​IMG]
    http://www.ovabid.com/catalog.asp?catid=412

Edited to say: I was just wondering if anyone here won these and could update us with how it goes?
    ~Rebecca

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    my bator is full-- both of them [​IMG]

3. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    mine too!!! i want someone to get 'em though! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I bid on some of them, but someone bid above me. I shouldn't be spending more on them right now anyways!

5. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I would love to buy them but don't have an incubator yet [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. tony30536

tony30536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    I seen some on ebay early today that sold for over 100.00 + 25.00 s/h for 6 eggs, must have a little gold in them

7. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I considered bidding on some of these eggs the last time he had them I contacted him via email to get more information he literally copied the information from the ad and sent it to me. His flock is totally mixed I dont care for that. I will continue to look for the careful breeders.

8. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Yeah, that one is still on there, but there are 2 others now! There are some pure Blue Copper ones from a reputable seller. [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

9. MNKris

MNKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    I was just on ovabid.

Ahhh, yeah...YOU CAN'T GET A BLUE COPPER FROM TWO BLACK PARENTS. It is not possible. black x black = black. In order to get blue, you have to have a blue or splash parent.

8s on a color chart? In your dreams honey...

I wouldn't buy a single egg from one of these ovabid or ebay people without an egg chart next to the eggs they are selling. There are a few good ones out there and the majority don't give a hoot about the breed. They are just trying to make a buck.

I truly believe these people that think they have the 7-9s out of any marans, let alone blue coppers are suffering from Wishful Thinking Syndrome. Oh, I know there are a few poeple out there that can get 7s pretty regularly from some of the black copper lines, but the 8-9s, not likely. And if they are getting them, they sure as heck are not selling them. You can bet your bootie on that one.

You are much better waiting to get on a list from a good breeder that actually cares about the qualities you are looking for.

As an example, I waited, and here are my blue coppers from the last few days against some cochin and buff rocks. The one on the left is a 5, the rest are 4s. I am happy with those and will be able to increase our little flock with that level of color.
    [​IMG]

10. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Kris is right. I just bought some copper blue Marans eggs on ebay. I am throwing them away. Literally. They were 1s and 2s and some were the size of bantam eggs. I know of 2 good sellers on ebay. Don't risk it. Not money well spent.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by