Blue/Copper/Wheat colored EE Cockerel - Local pickup/delivery only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZooMummzy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I purchased this handsome boy at a local swap in October as part of a trio, all supposedly pullets....oops! We live in town and I do not want a standard size rooster with my bantam hens, so he must find a new home ASAP! He's healthy and not aggressive towards humans or the hens, but he's a bit shy. His feathering is fantastic and I'm sure he would produce some nice offspring. I would like him to go to a home instead of a dinner table so if you want a beautiful rooster for your flock, he's your boy! I will be happy to deliver him within a reasonable distance (anywhere in the Willamette Valley - Eugene area all the way up to Portland if need be; Oregon Coast delivery possible). Sorry, shipping is not an option.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    ARRGH! I moved from oregon coast to here and I wish I had that roo! He is beautiful! I'd have my mom pick him up but I doubt she'd drive into philomath to get him! Hope you find a home for him!

3. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Is your Mom on the Oregon coast? If so, I'd be happy to take him to her if you wanted him [​IMG]

4. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Really? She lives outside of Siletz, on the old Kernville hwy. I didn't want you to go too far out of your way! Let me give her a ring and see if she wouldn't mind:) He's a beauty of a roo and I would love to have him. I make a trip to the coast every spring. I'll PM ya!

5. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Sounds great! As long as the weather is nice, I wouldn't mind the drive at all to find him a good home. Let me know if you know anyone who wants bantam cockerels or a 1/2 standard 1/2 bantam cockerel. I have 4 more I'm trying to rehome too but they are younger.

Just let me know [​IMG]

6. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    pm'd ya again! hoe you aren't tired of me yet:)
    She wants banty setters, do your roos set? hee hee

7. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:NO WAY! I am thrilled [​IMG]

Lol well no, the roos don't set but they are cute [​IMG] They are from the sticky candling egg progression through incubation thread.........but tell her that I am hatching out 24 OEGB - barred and spangled, Sizzles, Frizzles on January 5th and I am setting 24 Silkies (blue/black/splash ones) tomorrow which will hatch on January 20! If she is interested in any of those when they hatch, I would be happy to share them. There is no way I can keep all the females that hatch from these two hatches so I will be looking for homes for them.

8. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    She may be interested in that! I really had no idea she liked banties but she said tonight they are the best incubators lol. I remember as a kid she'd set duck eggs under a banty hen and she'd hatch em out! That poor tiny hen would go crazy when her "babies" made for the pond lol
    I personally wouldn't mind a silky hen, or a frizzle [​IMG] It was too funny talking to her tonight, I took her 6 California whites and 5 turned into roosters. She kept them all anyway, lost 2 to a coyote [​IMG] She only has one turkey left, I wanted some eggs from her! I hate coyotes!! We have fox here but at the new place I haven't seen any. I keep my hens up though, let em out whn I'm home!

9. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Oh my, lol I can only imagine how that hen felt watching her babies in the water [​IMG] That is awful about the coyotes (I love my CA White btw, great hen!). I hope this guy will be safe [​IMG] I am very protective of my chickens too, keep them in a protected run that is covered due to hawks.

That would be great if she wants some of the others and no problem at all about the silkie hen or the frizzle [​IMG] I will have plenty I'm sure, lol. I will keep you informed about them and what hatches and we can make arrangements!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by