Blue egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pattypenny, Sep 10, 2010.

1. pattypenny

pattypenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2007
    [​IMG]
    I got my first blue egg today, I have 10 Easter egger pullets bought March 17,2010. this is the first egg and it is blue a very nice shade of blue. I am very happy with my feed store pullets.

2. HarryBun12

HarryBun12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Congratulations on the beautiful blue egg. My daughter had picked out a cute yellow chick from the feed store that we thought was a White Rock. Then she got green legs after a week. We've been on the edge of our seats wondering if she WAS a she. She laid her first egg this week and it was green. What a treat. ( dont' tell my chicken, but I was hoping for a blue egg)

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty. I'm hoping for one late next month. Congrats!

4. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats, I have two EE's that are laying lil blue eggs right now. Have one more that has not laid yet.

5. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    it's beautiful!! i have 2 EE and one is laying a pretty green egg and the other STILL is not laying! i'm dying to find out what color she'll lay! i'm hoping for the blue! watch it be green or brown! lol! but i love her no matter what color she lays. she's actually my favorite girl (although it's hard to pick a favorite). she'll be the 1st to jump on my lap and she like to cuddle....she snuggles her head in my arm and stretches her neck all out. she use to do that as a baby too.....they're all so sweet. they're 5 months old now and i think back to when they were lil' chicks in their lil' box that came through the mail. they grow so fast!!!! i've noticed they become a lot more docile after they start squatting.

6. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    My blue eggs are my favorite to crack open...blue through and through. It never gets old. Congratulations!

7. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

One of my EE's has begun to lay pretty blue eggs also!!! Congrats!!! It's so pretty. [​IMG]

8. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    What a beautiful shade of blue too...I love it!! Congrats...

9. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] I [​IMG] blue eggs [​IMG] good for your girls [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by