Blue eyed duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Shikoba70, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Shikoba70

Shikoba70 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    Was wondering if anyone had a coloured duck that has blue eyes? I have 3 white ducks with blue eyes, my lavender and bronze ducks both have brown eyes but my new Chocolate duckling (she is now 6 weeks )has blue eyes. I wondered if that means she must carry the white head gene or is normal for a dark duck to have blue eyes?

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I have one black and white Muscovy that has one blue eye, but haven't noticed any other duck with blue eyes.

-Kathy

3. Shikoba70

Shikoba70 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    Thanks, I forgot to mention they are all Muscovy

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have 16 Muscovy and the only ones with blue eyes are my 3 solid white. I love that blue too.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Any idea where the white eyes in a black/white duck came from, 'cause none of my ducks are white. I'm a color and muscovy novice, so I haven't a clue, lol.

-Kathy

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have no idea it's a mystery to me, someone who is into genetics could answer that question and we have a few they just haven't been on in a while.

7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Any Muscovy i have with blue eyes here are whites, none of my colours do.

8. Fleabyte

Fleabyte Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    Tulsa
    My white crested duck - probably a Pekin (the box at the feed store said Assorted) - has blue eyes. I can't usually tell they're blue until I'm right up on him. I almost think they turn blue only when he's stressed, as the rest of the time they look dark brown.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if you can tell here. He hates the hat, and he hates being picked up. Maybe it's that his pupils are so tiny in this photo ...

9. Luminide

Luminide Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    I have two! One is a male blue pied muscovy...

[​IMG]

The other is one of my mysterious mixes. She has heterochromia...one eye is brown and one is blue. Here's a pic of the blue side. (She's the 2nd duck.)
    [​IMG]

10. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    cool! i still only have whites with blue eyes, i do have one guy with black facial fleshing this year, a first for me(Muscovy)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by