Blue faverolle eggs or chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by chicken junky, Feb 9, 2014.

1. chicken junky

chicken junky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2013
    Anyone with blue faverolles I would love to get some for breeding. Eggs preferred since I am addicted to hatching now. Thanks, Laura.

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Blue Faverolles are very rare. Try posting on the Faverolles Thread and someone might have some available in the spring. There are also many people with blue salmons if that is what your interested in.

3. chicken junky

Nov 26, 2013
    I know the only one who would be happy to send me some is in Europe. I found another person in Texas but she was really not nice to me and keeps them only for herself. That makes no sense to me the gene pool should be enlarged so they flourish. Anyway thanks for letting me vent and I will keep looking on here

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I know the breeder your talking about and she is one of the best and nicest breeders I know. So I am not sure what you are talking about and I am sure she has good reasons not to sell you chicks or eggs. Her reluctance means she is a really good breeder and want's to wait until she has a result she is happy with before releasing birds. Many of the best breeders keep birds for themselves and will only release them to people who demonstrate that they will work with the birds responsibly. Best of luck on your search. There are only 2-3 peoples in the US working with BBS LF.

5. chicken junky

Nov 26, 2013
    I hope so she was not nice to me. I totally understand about the breeding I too am a breeder of champion show dogs and recently got into chickens and I only do things top notch but she doesn't even know me and made me feel like she was superior and may consider me which doesn't make a person feel too good. Please don't take offense maybe I took her the wrong way I just know she responded to me several times and I felt quite hurt maybe I'm just an oversensitive baby I have been known to be easily hurt. Anyway I will keep looking because those blues have caught my heart. Thanks

6. HighlandChick

HighlandChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2014
    Did you ever have any luck finding some Blue Faverolles (not Blue Salmon, but really the Blue ones)? It's been impossible for me to find any information, even from the Faverolles Society and I can't get a response from Beanwood Faverolles in the UK. I guess there are none available on this planet...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by